Picture of a child entering the world below (skip if grossed out!)
Silas's birthday was wonderful and could not have gone smoother. We dropped Carson off at Meg's at 5:30 and were at the hospital at 5:45. We got started right away. We had a great nurse and she kept me amused and calm! :)
We rolled into the delivery room right on time and got started at 7:45 and Silas Turner Gentry entered this world 7 minutes later!
Since we didn't find out what we were having until that day, I was obviously very excited to hear "It's a ...." I had already told Andrew that I wasn't going to believe anyone until I heard from him what the baby was. My doctor likes to joke around so I could totally see him telling me it was a something and it being the opposite! (Not that either would matter, but that's an intense moment-finding out the sex of your baby!) Thankfully, Dr. H let Andrew announce the news and we couldn't have been more excited to welcome another boy to our crew. I love my boys!
Sewing me up went great and I just savored every moment with my great nurses, thankful for a healthy baby and smooth delivery and thinking of all the wonderful times to come with my new little man.
He weighed 8lb4oz just like Carson and was 21in.
While in recovery, Silas and I were able to have some skin-to-skin time and then he latched on great and nursed for about 20 minutes before I was taken to my room.

No comments:
Post a Comment