Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#3

I wanted to get some of these thoughts down as the past few weeks have been so memorable (now, as i know they won't be as time passes!)

I was definitely looking for a positive test and and had a funny little way of finding out. I took a test early one morning and it was negative. No big deal, I figured it was too early to tell. I go on about my day. Later that evening, I mention to Andrew that I had taken a test and it was negative. I even went so far as to get get the negative test out of the trash can. Little did I know, when I pulled it out, there would be a different answer! :) What a wonderful surprise! Of course at that time, we were confused and excited and surprised by the quick change in emotion. I take another one the next morning confirming the news!

Since then, I've never felt better and never felt worse!
Week 4: never felt better! still so excited and couldn't believe it!

Week 5: same! wondering if it was still true!

Week 6: started having a little cold (or so i thought) nausea and vomiting set in

Week 7: cold has intensitified and im feeling pretty bad, severe headache, nausea and vomitting still present in full force. At the end of the week, have called the doc, started Z pack, still not able to do anything productive and spending many hours in bed. Also begin a wonderful cocktail of 24 hour nausea medication that makes all the difference in the world

Week 8: Begin to feel a little better on day 5 of Zpack and see OB for the first time. Get to have an ultrasound and see that sweet baby for the first time! I couldn't believe how big he/she looked and was in awe at the miracle of God's handywork! Heard the heartbeat at a fast 182 and was able to see that sweet heart beating on the screen!

Week 9: Begin feeling like a normal human and start to regain some normalacy in life. Catching up on laundry  and dust bunnies was quite the task and hard when I'm still pretty tired and needing a good nap during the day! :)

Week 10: Still on 24 hour nausea meds, but feeling great!

Week 11-14: Same with nausea decreasing. Still taking nausea meds at least twice a day. Still need at least 1 good nap a day! (Week 12:  I also had another doctors appointment and everything went great. Got to see that sweet baby and hear the heartbeat (174bpm)  Everything looked great according to the ultrasound tech. You could see 'it' moving all around, moving hands in front of face and kicking legs!

No comments: