Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Carson 4th Birthday Part 1

This year for Carson's birthday instead of a party, we surprised him by going to see Toy Story 3 Disney on Ice.  It didn't go quite as we had planned. 

We left right after Andrew got out of school one Thursday, drove and drove, arrived what we thought was 15 minutes late, only to find out, we were really 1 hr 15 minutes late and the show was almost over! (I didn't even think of the time change, since the show was in Columbus, GA and that is right on the line of GA/AL!)  
Needless to say, poor Carson was devastated when we arrived to 'see Buzz' after watching Toy Story 3 in the car on the way there, only to find out we missed the show. He was bummed and we were bummed.  Carson cried. I cried. It was heartbreaking! 

Then we had a 2.5 hour drive back home in disappointed (at my carelessness!) 
This was also the evening that Silas's episode began so the evening was pretty miserable.

I couldn't handle it and I told Carson we would go back and see Buzz a few days later! This time, we left Andrew and Silas at home and I savored every moment with my big boy! I had been planning this for months and I knew he would love it! (Interesting how in all the planning, I missed the time change part.....) 

He did love it and I love watching him take in every moment in anticipation of what was coming next. I was really amazed at how great the show was as well, but seeing his excitement made the trip (10 hours in all-counting both drives!) totally worth it!

My buzz in his costume back in October!

No comments: