Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MIA Camera

I have been absent recently partly because my camera disappeared for a few weeks. Very disappointing. Luckily, while sitting at my computer yesterday it suddenly hit me where my camera was hiding. Yay! I feel things happen too rapidly around here to even miss a day without a picture. He is changing so fast and I just so badly want to pause time.

My sleeping has been off for quite a few weeks now. I'm not complaining, it just makes life different. Andrew has been closing many nights meaning he doesn't get home until 2 or 3 am. Yes, I do try to sleep, but I worry. Hopefully there is no reason to worry, but you never know what crazy person might get upset because his pizza is five minutes late or whatever else. And just the fact that he is driving around at those odd hours. I worry. So I wait until he gets home to sleep.

Last night, Carson woke a couple times (seriously, he can't missing many more teeth... but they just keep coming) and after Andrew got home (10ish) I just brought Carson in here with us after he woke again around midnight. Its been over a year since he actually slept with us. Luckily he has always preferred his bed. I'm very thankful for this, but sometimes its so nice just to be close to him while he is sleeping.

With my sleeping not happening, I watched him. I could watch him forever. For about 4 hours I just admired his peacefulness. Admired him. Everything about him. Thanked Him. Layed next to him in disbelief that I could love something so much. I am so thankful. We are so so blessed. I just want to freeze time.
I crave a schedule and a set routine. After being in school for 18 years straight and having this 'empty' time leaves me in an awkward situation. In saying 'empty,' I do not at all mean there is a time in the day when I sit around bored wondering what to do. I love being at home with Carson. I love my life at the moment. I wouldn't do anything to change it. It is just so strange to not have work to be doing or class to be attending. A nice 'strange'. We are definitely having no problem creating a new routine and I'm quite fond of this change.

So strange to think that I used to be the person who wasn't very fond of children, had no interest in babysitting and would probably wait until their 30's to have children. That same person just told her husband that when they have billions of dollars she would love to have many many children. Am I serious? YES! It will probably never happen, but I can't think of a happier life than surrounded by say 5-8 kids. Ah ha ha!

How amazing life is! How great is God's plan and timing. Until we find our fortune, we couldn't be happier with just the 3 of us! (4 with Lexi of course!!)

The sleeping beauties behind me.

No comments: