Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Motivation.

I'm motivated to blog today for a few reasons.

1. My lovely sister has finally made public on her facebook page that she is expecting. I couldn't be more excited for them. I still can't believe it and I'm so excited to be an aunt and have someone to share my maternity clothes with!!

2. Andrew and Carson drove me to work this morning as they often do. As we were driving along the 1/2mi stretch I start telling Andrew a story about how I have a "friend" who's child opened their car door while she was driving down the interstate!! Well, what do you know... Andrew calls me a little while later and tells me that they were driving home and Carson pulls open the back door as they are driving along. All I can say is I am so glad I wasn't in the car, because I think I would have lost it. And, Andrew's arms are much longer than mine, so he could reach around and hold the door shut the whole way home- so it wouldn't happen again. Needless to say, the childlock is now on. The doors were locked, but when you pull on the handles twice it unlockes, so it didn't take much. Wow, scary.

3. Other post-worthy thing. We took our eyes off of Carson for literally about 30 seconds while I was finishing dinner and Andrew was doing something... and I hear a shatter. Yes, like a shatter of glass. I dart very quickly (since it only takes about 3 steps to go from the kitchen to bedrooms) to find Carson standing with glass in hand and a shattered floor-length mirror at his feet. Luckily, he wasn't hurt.

What a day...

Had to blog about those fun and scary things...

lots of picture updates to come...

3 comments:

The Walker Family said...

it was about time for an update! :) so you like my fb status, eh?!

The Gentry's said...

i'd like to reply to your comment, but i can't seem to find your blog address... ;) yes i love baby walker!

Jenn said...

I put my child locks on after reading this!