I realize I have been quite the slacker in posting. I've been waiting to get some pictures to add to a new post, but there will be none today.
We've been doing well! Andrew's birthday was last Monday and he turned the big 2-4. When looking for a birthday present with Mom one day she asked if something was 'cool' for him, and I let her know that he is 24, married, and has a child. We are way past whether or not things are 'cool'. I suppose it's good and bad. We are at a unique time in our lives because most of our friends are not married and do not have kids yet leaving us with lots of 'us' time. We are loving it and truly grateful for each others company. He truly is my best friend and I love him so much! Happy belated birthday AnDrew!
We had a nice time celebrating with his Mom and Grandmother on Sunday with a lovely meal at Macaroni Grill (although he wouldn't let me tell them it was his birthday!) Then we celebrated with my family (the circus) on Thursday night. It seemed less chaotic than normal, but always a blast. I made him cookies (because he said he would eat a nibble although he can't eat sugar) with some candles in them (because you have to blow out candles!)
Also, Carson has been 'learning' away and it's very exciting. He's saying quite a few words now including:
-dog
-Lexi
-light
-outside
-juice
-ball
-hot (points to the stove or grill as he says it)
Of course they don't sound quite like that, but they are understandable most of the time.
And it is a morning routine to feed Lexi every morning when he wakes up. He comes in our room, grabs her empty bowl and takes it to the kitchen to have some help filling it up and then we take it back. Then he goes back to the kitchen and stands by the fridge and says 'juice' to wait for his milk. Haha, hes funny. Every morning...
Also, my best friend mentioned the Susan G. Komen race for the cure to me last week, so I signed up at the last minute and ran that with her on Saturday. We really enjoyed and it hoped to take some pictures but due to some 2 hour unexpected delay we forgot about pictures.
We are now training to run the Mercedes Half-Marathon in February!
Thats all the updates I have for now! I'll try to post some pictures and videos of Carson talking sooner rather than later!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOL Some 2 hour unexpected delay.... if anyone wants to know you can read my blog!
I had a blast, and Carson is so stinkin cute and smart! I'm glad Lacey has such a good man to marry someday! *Wink*
Oh and from the newest post... Carson is a good winker! Keep it up Aunt Meg. Come teach Lacey!
Post a Comment