Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TV thoughts...

I'm not one to get addicted to tv shows, but I have to admit having some extra time on my hands has left me finding some intense hobbies.

I guess I got my first introduction to CSI Miami when we went to visit my fabulous inlaws in Texas for Christmas in '06. We watched the show a time or two while we were there and I have been hooked ever since. (Thanks Steve and Bonnie!!) So since we don't have cable (BOO) I have gone back and watched almost every single episode of CSI: Miami since then. Yes, this has taken a good bit of time, but with Andrew working long hours I get online and watch CSI!
Needless to say, I was quite excited for the season premier last night. I was on the edge of my seat for the first little bit of the show thinking poor 'H' died. Andrew found it pretty amusing that I was so upset about his possibly being gone for good. (Would there really be a show without Horatio? I think not!) This season CSI Miami is on Monday nights @ 9pm on CBS!


My other favorite that is on at the moment is The Biggest Loser! This show is amazing. The show starts each season with teams competing to see who can lose the most weight and become "The Biggest Loser." With my own weight struggle this show has been the perfect motivation for me. These people are dealing with their size, but it is more than that. They also sort through all of the reasons that have led to them becoming the size that they are. Not only do people on this show learn how to eat healthy and exercise, they learn how to change their whole lifestyle. These are very heavy people that have many health problems and their lives are being saved on this ranch! Just tonight one of the men said he came to the ranch taking 9 pills a day for his high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes and he left the ranch taking 0 pills and no longer having any of those health problems! This show is saving lives and I love it! Tune in Tuesday nights @ 7pm on NBC.


No comments: